The Franklin County State’s Attorney announced 19 people have been indicted on 30 felony charges of unlawful delivery of methamphetamine. The indictments were handed down by a Grand Jury on Friday, June 18. The Southern Illinois Drug Task Force’s undercover investigation spanned 6 months and utilized undercover officers and confidential sources. Illinois State Police, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, West Frankfort Police Department, Christopher Police Department, Zeigler Police Department, Benton Police Department and West City Police Department assisted in the investigation.
The following people are facing unlawful delivery of methamphetamine charges:
- Jared Ray, a 32-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Justin Osborne, a 31-year-old male of Benton, IL
- Preston Williams, a 23-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Brandy Wilkerson, a 41-year-old female of Benton, IL
- Jeremy Upton, a 31-year-old male of Benton, IL
- Ryan Murphy, a 41-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Chad Turley, a 31-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Shane Webster, a 37-year-old male of Zeigler, IL
- Courtney Weaver, a 27-year-old male of West City, IL
- James Munyon, a 29-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Wesley Miller, a 33-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Spring Leonard, a 22-year-old female of West Frankfort, IL
- Jeffrey Connell, a 42-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL
- Cody Shulda, a 28-year-old male of West Frankfort, IL – Possession of Methamphetamine
- Travis Braden, a 34-year-old male of McCleansboro, IL – Wanted on Warrant
Most of the defendants have been apprehended, with bonds on some suspects upwards of $100,000.
More indictments are expected in the future.