The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet made the announcement on Thursday that they are working to make driver’s licenses and motorcycle licenses renewable online. Officials say they are taking driver licensing to a new level in Kentucky. All counties in Kentucky will have to make the transition to online renewal by June 30, 2022. The online renewal option will not be able to help with
- requesting a license replacement (lost/stolen cards).
- upgrading from standard-issue license to a REAL ID.
- upgrading from four-year to eight-year expiration.
- license with changed name or address.
- renewing a Commercial driver’s licenses (CDL).