The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation wants to ensure that Illinois consumers are aware of COVID-19 relief options that are available to them. Today, IDFPR released an educational one pager for consumers to quickly and easily learn about their federal relief options when it comes to evictions, mortgages, and student loans. Federal deadlines are fast approaching. It is imperative that consumers take action quickly. Mortgage Deadlines
- FHFA forbearance must be requested by 1/31/21.
• HUD loan forbearance has been extended to 2/28/21.
• FHFA foreclosure moratorium ends 1/31/21.
• VA foreclosure moratorium ends 2/28/21.
• HUD foreclosure moratorium ends 2/28/21.
Student Loan Deadlines
Relief has been extended until 1/31/21. This includes interest being waived on all loans, collections on defaulted loans is halted, and loan payments are suspended.