Explosion at Murray State blamed on natural gas

Authorities say an explosion at Murray State University Wednesday was caused by natural gas. The explosion rattled the New Richmond College dorm building Wednesday evening and left one employee injured. That employee is in stable condition after being flown to Vanderbilt Medical Center. No one else was in the building at the time of the explosion and all students on campus are safe and accounted for. There is no estimate when people will be able to return to the damaged building.

Photo Gallery