Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft approved a number of grants be given to the Cape Girardeau Public Library. $38,000 in grants will be given to the library to address the library’s service needs, develop literacy programs and develop programs that support an educated and informed citizenry. The Secretary of State’s office approved nearly $1.5 million in grants to libraries across the state during Fiscal Year 2017.
Three grants were issued to given to the Cape Girardeau Public Library:
- Spotlight on Literacy Grant, $6,689
- Will be used to establish and continue programs that support an educated and informed citizenry
- Racing to Read Grant, $20,000
- Will be used to develop early literacy services for children from birth to six years of age
- Library Service Improvement Grant, $11,250
- Will be used to address library service needs unique to the library